We are very happy to announce that we have been shortlisted for the SME Of The Year award being presented at the Constructing Excellence in the North East Awards 2017.
The awards ceremony, being hosted in June 2017, will see awards being presented to both individuals and businesses for:
SMEs are the backbone of the industry and are recognised by Constructing Excellence for their dominance of and contribution to the supply chain. Department for Business Innovation and Skills suggest that 99.9% of UK construction contracting businesses are SMEs1 and some of the greatest innovation and best practice can be identified in this sector.
Judges are looking for an exemplary organisation, with 249 or less employees and with turnover less than £42 million. An outstanding SME will display the following organisational attributes:
1. Evidence of growth through engaging with and developing best practice in construction and organisational management.
2. Demonstrate how investment is made in employees, through training, growth and organisational culture.
3. Taking action to improve their productivity and work smarter.
4. Showing how they have engaged with their supply chain, both upward to their clients and downwards to their suppliers, to add value to their involvement in projects.
5. Evidence that they have development and performance targets in place and show monitoring and management of performance to improve on their set goals.